Self-love leads to higher confidence levels and self-respect. But so many people find it hard to love themselves just the way they are. People need to love themselves not only physically but also mentally. It doesn’t make you a bad person if you consider your needs first before anyone else’s. However, such thing can be hard to do if you believe that you don’t deserve to treat yourself better.
Thus, below is a list of 5 ways how you can love yourself more.
- Practice self-care. When you take care of yourself, you live a happier life. You need to get enough rest every night, eat healthy food, exercise on a daily basis, take care of your hygiene, meditate, and treat yourself to something nice at least twice per week.
- Write a letter to yourself. It may sound strange but this practice really helps. Take a piece of paper and write down all your qualities which make you proud of yourself. Also, list those which you think need improvement. Encourage yourself with positive words. Then, put it in an envelope and open it whenever you feel hopeless to remind yourself of all good qualities you have.
- Talk positively to yourself. If you are not feeling confident, talking to yourself in reaffirming manner can really help. Tell yourself that you are strong and capable of dealing with whatever challenges life gives to you.
- Record negative thoughts in a journal. When people have negative thoughts, they can become depressed. It doesn’t help them to raise their self-confidence level and because of them, they stop loving themselves. An effective way to deal with them is write those thoughts on a paper and then read them out loud and think if you would say them to another person. If not, you shouldn’t tell them to yourself either.
- Use loving-kindness meditation. Meditation is a proven way of getting rid of negative thinking patterns. It also helps you focus more on the present moment. In order to relax more, you can combine meditation with breathing and relaxation exercises.