Healthy relationships allow two individuals grow together and find happiness, whereas there are also those relationships which gradually make both people unhappy and dissatisfied with their lives.
Thus, there are 6 things you should never sacrifice for a relationship.
- Your happiness. Your partner should make you happy and not bring you down. Of course, we all have days when we don’t feel our best but if such behavior becomes constant and your partner always makes you feel unhappy, you should end such a relationship as it should bring joy to you and instead it brings sadness.
- Your fun. If you have a lot of fun with your partner, it means that you are with the right person. But if you have become bored by each other’s company, you either need to decide to spice things up or leave each other. Learning new and exciting things together while having fun is an important part in creating long lasting relationships.
- Your freedom. Being in a healthy relationship means that you can spend time with each other but you also value each other’s personal space. If your partner doesn’t let you spend time with your friends, he becomes too possessive. Such characteristic is typical of people who feel insecure. However, you can’t do anything about it. They should be the ones who want to change.
- Your inner peace. If you are peaceful inside, you are happy. However, if you notice that you and your partner are constantly having arguments, which make you feel anxious and depressed, you should talk about it with him. If your problems can’t be solved or your partner doesn’t accept that you have issues, it is better to let each other go.
- Your experiences. Life throws us not only challenges but also opportunities. If you are willing to try new things and your partner is close-minded and doesn’t let you to experience them, he doesn’t allow you grow as an individual.
- Your personality. If your partner tries to change you, he doesn’t accept the real you. Of course, you may compromise about some things but if they want to change you completely, you shouldn’t lose your sense of who you truly are so that your partner would be happy. If he can’t accept you how you are, he is not worth of being with you.