Are you one of those secretive people or do you talk about everything with everyone? Having a lot of secrets is not considered as a beneficial thing as it can harm your well-being if you cope with your problems in your inner world. However, in some cases, not talking about some things with others is a big advantage.
Thus, below is a list of 5 things about which you shouldn’t talk with anyone.
- Your life goals. If you don’t talk about them with others, you have a higher chance of actually accomplishing them. It has been scientifically proven that if you tell other people what goals you want to achieve, they give you praise and you get the same feeling which you would have gotten if you actually went after them and achieved them.
- Your personal life. The more you talk about yourself, the more judgment and criticism you will get from others. It is especially advisable not to talk about your personal life if you take personally everything what other people tell you. Your life decisions should be your own business and no one has the right to get involved into your life unless you let them.
- Your family problems. When you share such things with others, you disrespect your family. Of course, you may ask other people for advice, but you shouldn’t talk about what is happening behind closed doors as what happens in your family is only your business.
- Your good deeds. When you talk about them, it makes you look that you do it only to be praised by others and not with an intention to help those in need. People who truly care about others never talk about what good things they have done to others. When you talk about them, it makes you look arrogant but not helpful or supportive at all.
- Your material belongings. We all like to have expensive things but sometimes we don’t even realize that talking about what expensive car we have bought makes us arrogant in other people’s eyes. Sometimes people talk about their material belongings because they want to make others jealous, but what they in fact do is only appear selfish.