Research has shown that 4 out of 10 people have depression symptoms today. In fact, some depressed people don’t even know that they have it. The most common symptoms of depression include being tired, stressed and irritated.
There are 5 more signs which sometimes are not so easy to detect or if they are, people believe that it has nothing to do with depression.
- Irritability. A lot of people think that depression is only about being sad all the time. However, it takes many different forms and one of them is getting more irritated than usually. A lot of irritated people think that this behavior is only related to the fact that they work too much and need a break, but this sign can also show that a person is actually depressed.
- Changes in sleeping habits. If you can’t sleep a couple of nights, you shouldn’t be worried. However, if you can’t fall asleep the whole week or even a month, it is a clear sign that you may be depressed. A lot of people who fight against depression have changes in their sleeping habits. They may feel sleepy the whole day but when it is time to go to bed, their eyes are wide open as a lot of things run through their minds which doesn’t allow them to fall asleep.
- Aches and pains. Your mind is strongly connected to your body. When you have mental issues, you are going to feel them physically, as well. Having stomach aches, headaches, back pain and stiff muscles are all signs of depression.
- Lack of energy. One of the main signs of depression is that a person feels without energy all the time. They don’t want to do anything what they liked doing before. A lot of people make excuses for themselves, saying that they don’t have enough energy because they haven’t been sleeping for a long time or because they have a lot of work to do. However, what they don’t think about is that this lack of energy is typical when you are depressed.
- Feeling guilty. If you make yourself guilty for every little thing, it is another sign that you may be depressed. Depression makes people think that they are guilty for everything, may it be their divorce or even something what they did in their childhood. Thus, if instead of motivating yourself you lately have been beating yourself up for every little thing, it may be a sign of depression.